Devil’s Claw Herb Litigation Lawyers
West Palm Beach and Palm Beach County
Devil’s claw is an herb often used for “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), arthritis, gout, muscle pain (myalgia), back pain, tendonitis, chest pain, gastrointestinal (GI) upset or heart burn, fever, and migraine headache. It is also used for difficulties in childbirth, menstrual problems, allergic reactions, loss of appetite, and kidney and bladder disease.
A recent report from the New York Attorney General showed 14 herbal supplement manufacturers have been routinely producing a herbal supplement known as “Devil’s Claw” that failed to contain the advertised devil’s claw herb. DNA tests found samples contained a plant species different from the plant on their labels; often cheaper related species.
The following manufacturers’ supplements were found to contain a cheaper, different species of plant as a substitute for the devil’s claw that was advertised on the label:
- Nature’s Way
- Nutraceutical International Corporation (Soloray)
- Alternative Remedies Health & Herbs
- The Kroger Co., as parent of Vitacost.com
- FoodScience Corporation (Food Science of Vermont & DaVinci Labs)
- Biopower Nutrition
- Thorne Research Inc.
- NBTY, Inc. (Puritan’s Pride)
- Olympian Labs, Inc. (Prescribed Choice)
- Now Foods
- Nature’s Sunshine Products, Inc.
- RHG & Company Inc. (Vital Nutrients)
- The Natural Healing Room & End Time Essentials
- Shine Supplements
These manufacturers have been asked to cease and desist from the sale, distribution, or marketing of adulterated or misbranded “devil’s claw” supplements.
We are investigating claims on behalf of consumers who purchased any of these products, and are interested in testing product samples. If you have purchased or taken any of these products, please contact us at 561-366-9099.
Please note that in some matters, we may co-counsel or refer the case to another lawyer or law firm.