Have You Been Exposed to Paraquat?
Plaintiffs Allege Industrial-Strength Herbicide Linked to Parkinson’s Disease
Our law firm is evaluating claims linking Paraquat, a common herbicide used in agriculture, to Parkinson’s Disease.
If you, or a loved one, were exposed to Paraquat working in agriculture and are now diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, or are experiencing the signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s, we urge you to contact our office for a free claim evaluation.
Parkinson’s signs and symptoms may include:
- Tremor. A tremor, or shaking, usually begins in a limb, often your hand or fingers. You may rub your thumb and forefinger back and forth, known as a pill-rolling tremor. Your hand may tremble when it’s at rest.
- Slowed movement (bradykinesia). Over time, Parkinson’s disease may slow your movement, making simple tasks difficult and time-consuming. Your steps may become shorter when you walk. It may be difficult to get out of a chair. You may drag your feet as you try to walk.
- Rigid muscles. Muscle stiffness may occur in any part of your body. The stiff muscles can be painful and limit your range of motion.
- Impaired posture and balance. Your posture may become stooped, or you may have balance problems as a result of Parkinson’s disease.
- Loss of automatic movements. You may have a decreased ability to perform unconscious movements, including blinking, smiling or swinging your arms when you walk.
- Speech changes. You may speak softly, quickly, slur or hesitate before talking. Your speech may be more of a monotone rather than have the usual inflections.
- Writing changes. It may become hard to write, and your writing may appear small.
Paraquat, a chemical that is used in many herbicides, is sold under many different names. The most common are Gramoxone, Parazone, Para-Shot, Firestorm, Helmquat, and others.
Studies have shown that people exposed to Paraquat are approximately 2.5 times, or 250%, more likely to develop Parkinson’s disease.
Taking legal action does two things: A lawsuit enables individuals to hold large manufacturers accountable for their actions, possibly reducing the risk of others experiencing the same complications. It also helps families and individuals who suffer obtain fair financial compensation to cover the costs associated with the injury.
We urge you to contact us for a FREE, NO OBLIGATION evaluation of your claim if you worked as an applicator, mixer or assistant in the spraying of Paraquat products and you have now been diagnosed with Parkinson’s or have begun to develop the signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s.