Scott B. Perry is a Partner at Murray Guari Trial Attorneys PL. Scott represents clients who have been injured due to the negligence of others. He exclusively handles personal injury and wrongful death matters from their inception through trial, with a focus on litigation matters.
Scott is a south Florida native, having earned his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law, Magna Cum Laude. As a law student, he was a member of the Charles C. Papy Moot Court Board and he won the 2011 Ruby R. Vale Interschool Corporate Law Competition held in Wilmington, Delaware. He was also awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Florida Civil Procedure.
Prior to law school, Scott attended the University of Florida. In 2009, he graduated with Honors with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history. While at the University of Florida, he was heavily involved in fundraising for the Children’s Miracle Network.
During law school, Scott worked for Murray Guari as a Law Clerk, where he assisted the attorneys with legal research, preparing motions and pleadings, and in overall pre-litigation, case management work-up – ultimately this paved the way to becoming an Associate attorney and now a Partner of the firm since 2018. Scott previously interned at the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, working behind the scenes with Judges and Staff Attorneys.
Scott is a member of the Florida Bar, the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, and the Palm Beach County Justice Association. He is currently a Director on the Palm Beach County Bar Association and serves as a Committee member of the Professionalism Committee (2015-2020, including Co-Chairing the 2019 New Attorney Breakfast) and the Circuit Civil Practice Committee (2017-2020). He has Co-Chaired sessions for the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Bench Bar Conference three times (Personal Injury 2015-2017 and Young Lawyers 2019-2020). He was the Past-President of the Young Lawyers’ Section of the Palm Beach County Bar Association for the 2019-2020 term.
Scott has been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine as a 2016-2020 Personal Injury Rising Star. Only 2.5% of attorneys can be selected as a Rising Star. Scott has also been recognized by South Florida Business & Wealth Magazine as a 2019 Up & Comer.
Scott is admitted to practice in all State and Federal District Courts in Florida. He has also successfully argued in front of the Fourth District Court of Appeals and tried multiple cases to verdict.
- Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2015
Honors & Awards
- 2020 Super Lawyer Magazine’s Florida Rising Star
- 2019 South Florida Business & Wealth Up & Comer
- 2019 Super Lawyer Magazine’s Florida Rising Star
- 2018 Super Lawyer Magazine’s Florida Rising Star
- 2017 Super Lawyer Magazine’s Florida Rising Star
- 2016 Super Lawyer Magazine’s Florida Rising Star
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Association for Justice – Member
- Florida Justice Association – Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association – Director (2020-2022)
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death CLE Committee – Committee Member (2015-2017)
- Personal Injury Section for Bench Bar – Co-Chair (2015-2017)
- Professionalism Committee – Committee Member (2015-2020)
- Circuit Civil Practice Committee (2017-2020)
- Young Lawyers’ Section – Past-President (2020-2021)
- Young Lawyers’ Section – President (2019-2020)
- Young Lawyers’ Section – President-Elect (2018-2019)
- Young Lawyers’ Section – Secretary (2017-2018)
- Young Lawyers’ Section – Treasurer (2016-2017)
- Young Lawyers’ Section Golf Tournament – Chair (2016-2020)
- Young Lawyers’ Section Sidebar Series – Co-Chair (2015-2016)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association – Member
- The Florida Bar – Member