SUV Rollovers Accident Lawyers
West Palm Beach and Palm Beach County
The personal injury attorneys at the Florida law firm of Murray Guari have been achieving exceptional results for Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) rollover accident victims throughout the United States for more than 20 years. If you or a loved one has been injured in an SUV crash, we can answer your questions.
Americans love and have embraced the SUV. Sport Utility Vehicles account for more than half of US vehicle sales. Consumers like the ability to carry both people and cargo. Driver surveys show consumers state safety, comfort and space as top reason for purchases. Consumers perceive that the SUVs are safer due to their size and weight and that taller seats improve viability.
Sport Utility Vehicles are the most unstable vehicles on the road with few meeting the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) roof safety standards for automobiles; yet, one out of four vehicles purchased today are SUVs. Unfortunately, their instability, high center of gravity and higher profiles make them more likely to roll over than other vehicles.
When SUV rollover accidents and crashes occur they often cause multiple injuries and even death. NHTSA reports that more than 280,000 rollovers are reported each year with over 10,000 deaths. Over 90% of SUV rollover accidents involve a single vehicle and they account for more than half of all single vehicle accident deaths.
SUV rollover accidents are often caused wholly or in part by:
- Poor stability / bad design
- Poorly designed suspension systems
- Inadequate brakes
- Tire failures
- Tire tread defects (detreading or delamination)
- Improper vehicle loading (passengers, luggage, or other items)
- Automobile product and design defects
Vehicle occupants are then faced with additional dangers:
- Weak vehicle roof supports that crush or collapse
- Seatbacks that fail
- Lack of headrests or head restraints devices
- Aggressive airbags
- Defective or poor-fitting seat belts
- Dangerous lap-only belts
- Seat belt buckles that open during a crash
- Weak door latches causing doors to open and causing passengers to be ejected from vehicle
- Window glass / windshields that allow passengers to be ejected during the rollover
- Defective fuel tanks and defective fuel systems that can lead to fuel fed fires after a rollover or crash occurs
If you or a family member has been a victim of an SUV Rollover Accident and would like to learn more about your legal rights, please contact our Auto Defect and SUV Rollover Lawyers or contact us here.